This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Maintaining slim, smooth, glowing, and taut skin can be a struggle, especially as we age. If you search for natural ways to have a slim face, you might be familiar with face slimming exercises. Fitness celebrities are endorsing facial workouts to slim the face and delay the aging process.
More and more people are doing facial exercises because of the many benefits that it can provide to the face. Not only does it slim down the face, but it also helps blood circulation, which results in a glowing and younger-looking complexion. Without further adieu, here is the best face slimming exercises that you can do.
Cheek Exercises for Sculpted Cheekbones
Do you have round or chubby cheeks but would instead have sculpted cheekbones? Genetics play an essential part in how your face looks, but there are ways that you can do to achieve a slim and sculpted cheek. You can do cheek exercises to strengthen the muscles in your face and achieve a prominent bone structure.
The cheek lift will effectively work the upper muscles in your cheeks and lift your face and give it a slimmer appearance.
- Close your lips together.
- Pull the top of your cheeks up towards your eyes and squint.
- Raise the corners of your lips into a smile to push your cheeks up from the bottom.
- Hold for ten seconds and relax. Repeat.
This facial exercise will work out both the upper and middle portions of your cheeks. If you do puffy cheeks often, it can make your cheeks quite sore.
- Tightly close your lips together.
- Puff your cheeks with air.
- Move the air from one cheek to the next.
- Hold the air in each cheek for about five seconds.
- Repeat ten times and relax your face.
Move movement will tighten the skin on your cheeks and make your cheekbones more prominent. It is an easy exercise that you can do daily.
- Sit up straight with your mouth lightly closed.
- Using your cheek muscles to pout, pucker your lips.
- Pucker your lips for ten seconds, then relax.
- Repeat ten times
This exercise effectively stimulates the blood flow and circulation in your face. It also helps in tightening slack cheek and muscles.
- Tilt your head up to the ceiling.
- Place your three center fingers on your cheeks and push down.
- Simultaneously lift your cheeks by smiling as hard as you can.
- You need to feel your mouth pressing against your fingers.
In this exercise, you will not feel like working your cheek muscles at first until you release the position. After then, you will feel like your face has been stretched.
- Place your fingertips on each side of your face where your cheeks crease when you smile.
- Push up on your cheeks while you continue to smile.
- Hold for thirty seconds and release. Repeat.
✅ Video – 3 Exercises to Lose Chubby Cheeks
Check out this video that talks about the three exercises to lose chubby cheeks and get a defined face. Watch the video for more face slimming exercises that you can follow.
Jaw Exercises for A Defined Jawline
Some people are blessed to have a perfect jawline, but others are struggling to tone their jawline. Many factors result in a wider jawline, including a lack of exercise and eating a lot of unhealthy foods. To help you achieve a strong and defined jawline, we have gathered the best exercises that you can do at home.
Collar Bone Backup
You can do this exercise while sitting, standing, or lying down on your back. Collar Bone Backup will tighten your jawline.
- Keep your head level with the floor while bringing your head back several inches.
- Start with three sets of ten repetitions at first.
- Your ears should stay over your shoulder, and your head stays level.
- Continue by holding the position for more than thirty seconds.
Neck Curl Up
Neck curl up will remove the fat around your chin. Keep in mind that the muscles located at the front of your neck are often underdeveloped, so avoid pushing yourself to avoid accidents. You can do this exercise daily for the best results.
- Lie down on your back.
- Keep your tongue pressed to the roof of your mouth.
- Lift your chin towards your chest without moving your torso.
- Perform three sets of ten repetitions.
Another exercise that you can do to achieve a defined jawline is the lip pull. This will lift your chin and neck muscles. This is an easy exercise that you can do daily.
- You can sit or stand to do this exercise.
- Keep your head in the normal position.
- Lift your lower lip by pushing the lower jaw out.
- Stay in the position for ten to fifteen seconds. Relax.
- Repeat the exercise for ten to fifteen minutes.
The vowel sounds exercise will target the muscles around the mouth and on the sides of the lips. This is an easy exercise that you can do for a few minutes daily.
- Open your mouth as wide as you can.
- Say “O”, followed by “E”.
- Exaggerate the sounds and movements of your mouth without showing or touching your teeth.
- Do three sets of fifteen repetitions.
This exercise will target the extra fats that are hanging off your chin. You can effectively get rid of a double chin by doing this exercise.
- Press your tongue on the roof of your mouth and position it right behind your teeth.
- Add pressure and begin humming.
- Do three sets of fifteen repetitions.
✅ Video – Exercises and Posture for a Defined Chin and Jawline
For more exercises to have a defined jawline, you can watch the video below. The video shows exercises and posture for a defined chin and jawline. Click the play button for more details.
Exercises to Get Rid of A Double Chin
A double chin can become more obvious with time and can be unpleasant to look at. Having a double chin can affect your confidence; that is why you need to get rid of it as fast as possible. You do not have to worry because you can get rid of your double chin without surgery. There are many facial exercises that you can do to achieve a slim and toned neck.
Touch Your Nose
A double chin can also be a result of weak hyoid muscles. You need to strengthen them to remove a double chin. Touch your nose is an effective exercise that you can do.
- Stick out your tongue as far as you can.
- Try to reach your nose with the tip of your tongue.
- Keep your lips relaxed.
- Repeat the exercise five times.
Kiss The Giraffe
This facial exercise will stretch your neck and will also exercise your muscles. You can do this exercise daily for the best results.
- Lift your face and look at the ceiling.
- Slightly bring your lower jaw forward.
- Pucker your lips as if you are going to kiss someone.
- Hold the position for five to eight seconds and release.
- Repeat five times.
Pout and Tilt
This is an easy exercise that will stretch your mouth and neck. You can do this while you are sitting or standing.
- Stick out your lower lip as far as you can to form a pout.
- Hold the contraction for one second.
- Contract the muscles at the front of your neck to lower your chin to your chest without rounding your upper back.
- Pause and hold for another second.
- Relax your lips and straighten your neck to return to the starting position.
- Complete two sets of twenty repetitions.
Bottom Jaw Jut
The bottom jaw jut will exercise your neck and jaw. Do this exercise regularly to remove the unwanted double chin.
- Tilt your head back and look at the ceiling.
- Turn your head to the right.
- Slide your bottom jaw forward.
- Hold for five to ten seconds and release.
- Repeat with your head turned to the left.
You can do this exercise in a seated or standing position. This will exercise the muscles on your neck and chin.
- Elongate your spine to achieve a tall and straight back.
- Leading with your chin, slowly rotate your head to move in a full circle from your shoulder to chest to shoulder to back.
- Keep your shoulders down and back throughout the movement.
✅ Video – How to Get Rid of Double Chin
Below are more exercises that you can do to get rid of a double chin. You can follow the video and see the difference that it can make to your face.
Face yoga is a popular exercise that everyone seems to be getting into nowadays. It is a series of exercises that promise to do to your face what yoga does to your body. The face yoga method relaxes and tones your facial muscles. It targets different areas on your face, which provides you with a slim and younger-looking face. Here are some of the best face yoga exercises that you can try.
Jaw and Neck Firmer
It will effectively straighten the group muscles located on, under, and around your chin. It will prevent sagging cheeks and slack jaws.
- Open your mouth to an “ahh” sound.
- Fold your lower lips and the corners of your lips into your mouth and hold them tightly.
- Extend your lower jaw forward.
- Using your lower jaw, slowly make a scooping-up motion as you close your mouth.
- Pull your chin up about an inch each time you scoop while tilting your head backward.
- Open and close your lower jaws ten times.
Advanced Face Firmer
This face yoga exercise helps firm the entire face and the three major muscle groups. You can do this while lying down.
- Form a long “O” with your mouth.
- Fold both your upper and lower lips over your teeth.
- With the corners of your mouth lifting and your cheek muscles are drawn up firmly, then smile.
- Put your palms on your cheeks with your pinkie fingers resting at the corners of your eyes.
- Press your fingers across your temples while applying firm pressure.
- Pull your fingers up toward the back of your head.
- Close your eyes and pull your chin forward away from your face.
- Hold for twenty seconds and relax.
The cheek lifter will help lift your cheeks back up by strengthening all the muscles in that region. This face yoga exercise will also define your upper lip.
- Open your mouth and form a long “O”.
- Fold your upper lip over your front teeth.
- Lift your cheek muscles by smiling.
- Lightly put your index fingers at the top of the cheek muscles and directly under your eyes.
- Relax your cheek muscles and allow them to return to their original relaxed position.
- Smile to lift the cheek muscles back up.
- Visualize pushing the muscles up towards your eyes as you smile. Repeat ten times.
- On the tenth one, hold your cheek muscles up as high as you can.
- Take your index fingers and move them up over the scalp.
- Hold this position for twenty seconds while looking up towards your fingers.
Happy Face Lifter
This will promote circulation in the neck, scalp, and neck muscles. It will also relieve stress. You can do this face yoga exercise while standing up.
- Form a long “O” with your mouth.
- Fold both upper and lower lips over your teeth.
- Smile with the corners of your mouth lifting and your cheek muscles slightly drawn up.
- Close your eyes and roll your eyeballs up toward your scalp.
- Adjust your mouth to make the “O” as small as possible and smile to tighten your cheek muscles further.
- Slowly tilt your head back.
- Tighten your abdominals and buttock and lift your chest, contracting all your facial muscles.
- Slowly raise your hands up and over your head.
- Keep smiling and looking up.
- Hold the position for thirty seconds.
- Let your hands and head drop to the floor as you exhale.
All Over Face Lift
This will exercise your face to relax the muscles. This will also help in toning your skin and fights the appearance of wrinkles.
- Firmly place your index and middle finger of each hand under your lower lip and the thumb under the chin.
- Move each hand up towards the ear with a firm sweeping motion along your cheeks.
- End with your thumbs on the dip just behind your ear, where the jawbone meets the bony part of your skull.
- Press the point gently but firmly with your thumb.
- Apply pressure for about thirty seconds.
- Repeat five to ten times.
✅ Video – Face Yoga to Lose Face Fat
For more information about face yoga, what it is about, and what it can do to your face, you can watch the video below. You can also follow the exercises to get rid of chubby cheeks and to have a slim face.
How Can You Lose Weight in Your Face?
There are many ways that you can do to lose weight in your face. You can do a diet and make sure that you eat healthy foods. Avoid eating junk foods that can make your body fat and make your face look bloated. You can also use face slimming creams. There are many trusted and proven face slimming creams that are available on the market. Another thing that you can do to lose weight in your face is to use face masks. Some masks have ingredients that will help in burning fats in your face. Of course, you can also do facial exercises every day to achieve a slim and toned face.
Do Exercises for the Face Really Work?
Many books and websites promise miraculous results when it comes to face slimming, but do they work? Generally speaking, exercising muscles burns calories that can mean weight loss. On the other hand, we cannot decide where in the body those calories come from. While facial exercises can strengthen the muscles, it cannot provide you with a slimmer face alone.
To make sure that you will effectively achieve a slimmer face while doing face slimming exercises, you should slim down your body with a healthy diet and exercise. Your body works as a group, and it is best that you lose fat all over your body and not just your face. Maintain and balanced diet with exercise, and you will achieve a slim face. You can also check out this article about how to get a slim face for an in-depth discussion about the different ways to slim down your face.
✅ Video – Facial Exercises
The video below is from The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust on YouTube. If you are curious about facial exercises and whether they work or not, you can watch the video below.
Can Exercise Tighten Facial Skin?
Face slimming exercises can tighten the skin and also smoothes out wrinkles. It is done by tightening and toning the muscles on your face, which also tightens the skin. Face slimming exercises also helps in increasing blood circulation. It allows more oxygen to the cells in your face, which gives you a younger-looking appearance. Moreover, increased blood circulation also effectively removes toxins. Face slimming exercises can stimulate the production of collagen that makes your skin smoother and tighter.
Face Slimming Exercises Before and After
There are many face slimming exercises that you can do. Some exercises target specific areas in the face while others work out the whole of the face. If you look online, you can see many video tutorials that demonstrate how to do face slimming exercises properly. These kinds of exercises are trusted and proven by many. Many people have testified that by doing face exercises, they can slim certain areas on their face. Here is a before and after video on face slimming exercises.
✅ Video – 30 Days Face Exercise to Get a Slim Face
Do face slimming exercises work? Chloe Ting shares the video below on her YouTube channel. She talks about her 30 days face exercise journey to achieve a slim face. Find out how she has achieved a slim face with face exercises by watching the video below.
How to Get Slim Face Like Models
With the many ways to achieve a slim face, you can now get a slim face like models. How can you do this?
Many products are available online that you can use to achieve a slim face. You can choose from a wide array of slimming creams to face slimming masks and even slimming pills. You can even find slimming massagers that you can use on your face to burn fats and remove excess water. Check out online for some of the best slimming products that work.
Check out this post about face slimming products for a list of different products that you can choose from. We have discussed various products and their pros and cons, and how effective they are when it comes to face slimming.
Surgery is also an option. However, surgery should be your last option when it comes to face slimming. Not only is surgery expensive, but it also takes a lot of preparation, and there are a lot of things that you need to consider before undergoing surgery.
Maintaining a healthy and balanced diet is a sure way to lose not only facial fats but also fats all over your body. Ensure that you eat balanced meals and avoid eating junk foods and processed foods rich in sugar and salt. You can try drinking slimming teas or herbal teas that can improve your metabolism and help you get rid of fats.
Face Slimming Exercises
Face slimming exercises are a great and natural way to remove facial fats. You can do these exercises for a few minutes daily. You can target different areas in your face with face exercises. For instance, some exercises target the chin and neck area, effectively getting rid of a double chin. These exercises will help in circulating the blood to give you a slimmer and glowing face.
You can also check out this article that we have written about face slimming exercises for more information. We have gathered a list of facial exercises that you can do. In the article, we have included the steps and methods to do each exercise.
✅ Video – Facial Exercises To Reduce Cheek Fat
Follow the video below to slim your round face and to reduce chubby cheeks. Push the play button to learn more.
5 Benefits That You Can Get From Face Slimming Exercises
Face slimming exercises can help release tension. Out face and neck are also prone to tension. Most of the time, you will feel heavy around your neck area when you are stressed. Tension also shows on your face and makes it look haggard. Face slimming exercises adds awareness to the muscles and alleviates the tightness that you feel.
It Cost Nothing
As compared to the price you have to pay when purchasing face slimming products, face slimming exercises cost nothing. You can spare a few minutes of your time daily. As compared to the time you spend undergoing expensive treatments, face slimming exercises can be completed in just a matter of minutes.
Tones Facial Muscles
Face slimming exercises tighten your face. When exercising, you draw blood, oxygen, and other extra circulation to the delicate skin, stimulating collagen production. As compared to surgery or botox, face slimming exercises provides you with a natural and relaxed look.
Slows Down Aging Process
As we grow old, we accumulate wrinkles. It is a part of life that is inevitable. On the other hand, face slimming exercises can slow down the aging process. The exercises help in recognizing when we are unconsciously pursing our lips or furrowing our brows. The exercises stimulate blood and muscles, which removes tension from the face to make it more relaxed.
It is Good for You
Face slimming products can contain harmful substances that can affect the skin after a long time of use. Some products can damage the skin, stripping it out of its youthful and glowing appearance. It does not have any possible side effects. If you want a natural and chemical-free way to slim your face, face slimming exercises is the best that you can do.
✅ Video – 3 Simple Exercises for Glowing Skin
Check out the video below and find out how you can achieve slim and glowing skin with face slimming exercises.
You can choose from the many exercises that you can find. Spare a couple of minutes daily to do the exercises. You can do the exercises during the morning or before you sleep at night. Face slimming exercises do not cost anything, and it is also free of any chemicals that can harm your face. Try face slimming exercises now! Thank you for reading.